An opportunity to support Brian May’s Save Me Trust.
Coming together for our future – public invited to influence the Platinum Jubilee Pageant’s legacy.
• The Platinum Jubilee Pageant is underpinned by a determination to foster deeper unity and celebration of our rich diversity, through kindness and compassion – towards oneself, others and nature.
• As part of this legacy, The Platinum Jubilee Pageant’s is inviting members of the public to select projects in line with this vision, to find out about their work, support them directly, and contribute to a cleaner, greener UK .
• The projects are conservation with Queen guitarist Brian May’s Save Me Trust; tree planting with The Queen’s Green Canopy; and access to cycling with Wheels for Wellbeing.
• The new sustainability website opens on 11th May 2022 at www.pinwheel.earth/platinumpageant
People throughout the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth are invited to support the Platinum Jubilee Pageant’s legacy, by choosing and supporting inspirational sustainability initiatives.
The Platinum Jubilee Pageant is a once in a lifetime event that it is hoped will encourage people to come together and celebrate Her Majesty’s remarkable and historic 70-year reign.
The Pageant has set out to create a sustainable legacy for the UK by supporting three projects working across conservation, tree planting and access to cycling in the UK.
• The Save Me Trust: this conservation charity, established by Queen guitarist Brian May and conservationist Anne Brummer, targets specialist support to re-establish and maintain hedgehog and wildlife populations; and supports a life-saving wildlife hospital and creates biodiverse habitats for native flora and fauna.
• The Queen’s Green Canopy: A charitable tree planting initiative created to mark Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee. All across the UK people are being invited to “Plant a tree for the Jubilee” to create a legacy in honour of The Queen’s leadership of the nation, which will benefit future generations.
• Wheels for Wellbeing: an award-winning charity supporting disabled people of all ages and abilities to change attitudes, remove barriers and transform lives through inclusive cycling.
The Pageant would like the public to learn about the initiatives and choose the one they feel most affinity with. The public are also encouraged to support the projects directly as well as learn about steps they can take to contribute to a cleaner, greener UK.
Here’s how it works:
1 Visit www.pinwheel.earth/platinumpageant to find out more about each project.
2 Choose the project you feel most passionate about.
3 Click to influence the support provided to each charitable project.
4 Support each project directly and learn more.
Through public engagement and contributions, both from the Pageant and members of the public, the initiative will create a lasting sustainability legacy throughout the UK.
Rosanna Machado, CEO of the Platinum Jubilee Pageant, said: “The Pageant aims to provide opportunities that will bring benefit to communities long after the Platinum Jubilee celebrations have been and gone and we are delighted to be working with Pinwheel and supporting these three fantastic projects.”
The public engagement platform is provided by sustainability-tech start-up Pinwheel, which was launched at COP26 with a mission to bring together brands and individuals with the world’s most inspiring and impactful planet-restoration and conservation projects.
Gavin Sheppard, founder and chief executive of Pinwheel, said: “We are thrilled to be collaborating with the Platinum Jubilee Pageant to build a lasting sustainability legacy of this remarkable event. These three inspirational projects are making a real difference and we hope the Great British Public will be as inspired and excited by them as we are. It’s a great opportunity for us all to take part in the Platinum Jubilee celebrations and secure a legacy for years to come.”
Pinwheel is sustainability through engagement for enterprises, events and individuals. Pinwheel brings together brands and individuals with the world’s most inspiring and impactful planet-restoration and conservation projects; empowering and engaging individuals to take actions that repair the planet by addressing our climate, biodiversity and waste crises.