“Hello, my beauties!”
Please read the following carefully – This 2023 guide will be updated in the run-up to the party, as and when we have new information to add.
– For updates leading up to the event and over the party weekend follow the MPT on social media:
Twitter – www.twitter.com/the_mpt
Instagram – www.instagram.com/mptofficial/
Facebook – www.facebook.com/FreddieForADay
The Official Freddie Mercury Birthday Party – 2023 Party Guide
– Date: Saturday 2nd September 2023
– Venue: Casino Barriere, Rue du Théâtre 9, 1820 Montreux, Switzerland
– Doors: 7pm / ends 12am (approx)
– Tickets – SOLD OUT
– Theme: Pink and Purple (and a little Gold, if you wish!) – we are celebrating the Golden Anniversary of Queen’s 1973 debut album.
– Merchandise: Limited Edition Party Posters are SOLD OUT), however you can still buy Party T-shirts here.
– Tickets: your e-receipt is your ticket, please bring it with you on your phone or print it out. On presentation of your e-mail ticket, you will be given a wristband to gain entry. We will cross-reference your name and order number.
– Early Wristband Pick Up: you will be able to pick up your wristband in advance of the party in the upstairs foyer at the casino at the following times – IMPORTANT: If you can pick up your wristband early, please do it makes for quicker entry on the night!
Friday, 1st September – 2pm to 4pm
Saturday, 2nd September – 11am – 3pm and then from 6pm onwards.
– Entry: Doors open at 7pm and entry on the night is at the upstairs foyer in the casino outside the main party room.
– Live entertainment:
Live Killers performing the ‘Queen’ debut album in full, plus hits and deep cuts.
Exclusive ‘Queen’ debut album audio / visual presentation curated by Queen’s Simon Lupton. Details TBC.
Queen Disco – all your favourite Queen bangers and floor fillers!
– Cash: Bring cash for activities in the main party room including the MPT Merchandise Stand, The Queen Tombola Table, Face Painting and Queen Archive Photo Opportunity. Bars will be a mix of cash and card payments.
– Food: No meal is being served at the event, however, there will be finger food available to purchase in the main party room on the night.
– Age Restrictions: There is no age limit for the event, however, ticket holders must be aware that alcohol will be served and ID will be required for access to the casino floor. No Under-18s will be allowed into the casino.
– Disabled Access: Disabled access is available to the main party floor via a lift in the main casino foyer, please ask a member of the casino or MPT staff for assistance if required.
– The Queen Studio Experience: The QSE is FREE to enter and on Saturday afternoon the following Queen Team members will be present in the QSE for Fan Q&As and meet and greets, please see below for times and locations:
(All times are subject to change)
Peter ‘Phoebe’ Freestone (Freddie Mercury former PA) – The QSE Cinema Room (11am – 5pm) – (FREE Booking details TBC)
Justin Shirley-Smith (Queen Head Studio Engineer) – The QSE Mountain Studios Room (1pm – 5pm) – Answering your questions and hitting the studio desk!
Greg Brooks (Queen Archivist) – The main QSE Exhibition Room (1pm – 5pm) – Available to answer questions on all things Queen, PLUS he will have an item from the Queen Archive for a photo opportunity – in the past, we have had the Red Special and Freddie jackets.
– Travel: Ticket holders will be responsible for all personal travel costs incurred when attending the event. The nearest airport is Geneva and regular trains run from the airport to Montreux and take just over an hour.
– Accommodation: Ticket holders will be responsible for all personal accommodation costs incurred when attending the event. Below is a list of recommended hotels in Montreux.
Recommended Hotels in Montreux
Helvetie Hotel | +41 21 966 77 77
Hotel Bon Port | +41 21 962 80 70
Tralala Hotel | +41 21 963 49 73
Hotel Eden Palace | +41 44 266 25 25
Eurotel Montreux | +41 21 966 22 22
Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic | +41 21 966 33 33
Fairmont Le Montreux Palace | +41 21 966 33 33
For additional hotels in Montreux please check Montreux Riviera Tourist Office | +41 84 886 84 84
– For information on the Montreux Celebration activities by the lake go to www.montreuxcelebration.com
IMPORTANT: Please be prepared to rock hard, dance like you just don’t care, laugh, cry, and everything in between and all in the spirit of Freddie Mercury! BRING IT ON.
Any further questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.