THIS SATURDAY – PRIOR BOOKING ESSENTIAL – NO TICKETS ON THE NIGHT
PATRICK AT NIGHT
When: Sat, September 28, 7pm – 10pm
Where: National Space Centre, Exploration Drive, Leicester LE4 5NS
In 2012 distinguished astronomer and broadcaster Sir Patrick Moore passed away peacefully at his home in Selsey, at the age of 89. To honour his memory, The Royal Astronomical Society and National Space Centre will be hosting a celebration of Patrick’s life, loves and legacies, to which you are invited.
The highlight of the night will be the unveiling of a newly commissioned bust of Sir Patrick by friend and comedian, Jon Culshaw.
Enjoy an evening dedicated to science, astronomy, xylophones and an astonishing career that impacted on three generations of children and adults alike.
Tickets £25 per person
No tickets on the Night
Book your ticket at http://www.spacecentre.co.uk/special-events/patrick-night
ABOUT THE EVENT…
– Take a seat in the Sir Patrick Moore Planetarium to see Patrick’s favourite astronomical objects, hosted by Patrick himself!
– Join Leicester Astronomical Society for some outside viewing (weather permitting)
– Try a special commemorative Sir Patrick Moore Ale from Belvoir Brewery
– Listen to Patrick’s compositions performed live on the xylophone
– Taste asteroid ice cream, created using real science (no real asteroids though!)
– Compete as a team and build a Lunar Lander for our Eggpollo Mission (groan!!!)
– Take a Tour of the Night Sky in the brand new TinyTarium
– Discover the facts about Patrick and take a Tour with the 2.0s
– Watch Patrick’s commentary of the Apollo missions in Mission Control
– See a total Solar Eclipse and make telescopes
– Drive a Lunar Rover, see comets being made and handle million year old space rocks
– Discover the six interactive galleries, Rocket Tower and SIM ride
INCLUDED IN YOUR TICKET…
– Full entry to the National Space Centre
– A show in the Sir Patrick Moore Planetarium
– Additional talks, workshops and demonstrations
– Entertainment throughout the night
– Hog roast (vegetarian option available)
– Sample of a Belvoir Breweries Commemorative Ale
– Telescope sessions (weather permitting)
For more detail on website: http://www.spacecentre.co.uk