In 2014, Australian Based music company, North Street Music, will bring the music of the globally revered band Queen to Australia on an epic scale. The Music of Queen: A Rock & Symphonic Spectacular is a UK-produced show that has re-worked the music of Queen to be performed by four singers, a five-piece rhythm section and full symphony orchestra. The show has performed across the USA and UK and is ready to hit the shores of Australia in February 2014.
The show will perform with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the Sydney Opera House, and with the Perth Symphony Orchestra at various venues in Western Australia.
The Music of Queen, A Rock and Symphonic Spectacular features lead singers from the hit musical, We Will Rock You, gathered together from around the world for the Australian shows: MiG Ayesa, Michael Falzon, Amanda Harrison and Carly Thomas Smith.
The band touring in Australia also features guitarists, Simon Croft and James Barber, hand picked by Brian May to perform the music of Queen in We Will Rock You performances around the world, along with Johannes Luebbers (keys), Ric Eastman (Drums) and Roy Martinez (Bass).
Composer and Music Director, Richard Sidwell, has expanded the original Queen arrangements into a completely new symphonic score. With over fifty performers on stage this has to be one of the biggest rock shows on earth, featuring all of Queen’s classic hits including: A Kind of Magic, Bohemian Rhapsody, Radio Ga Ga, We Are The Champions, Somebody To Love, Who Wants To Live Forever, Killer Queen, Don’t Stop Me Now, Fat Bottomed Girls, I Want It All, and many more.
– Friday 7th February 8.00pm, Sydney Opera House, NSW
– Saturday 8th February 2.30pm, Sydney Opera House, NSW
– Thursday 13th February 7.30pm, City of Joondalup Valentines Day Concert, WA (open only to residents of the City of Joondalup)
– Friday 14th February 7.30pm, Riverside Theatre, Perth, WA
– Saturday 15th February 7.30pm, Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, Mandurah WA
Tickets for the Sydney Opera House, Sydney are available: HERE
Tickets for Riverside Theatre, Perth are available: HERE
About the artists:
– MiG Ayesa : has starred as Galileo Figaro in the West End production and two world tours of We Will Rock You.
– Michael Falzon : was hand-picked by Roger Taylor and Brian May to play Galileo Figaro in the West End production of We Will Rock You, a role he has reprised in Japan, Dublin and the UK.
– Amanda Harrison : was an original London cast member alongside Michael Falzon, and was awarded the 2004 Helpmann Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical for her portrayal of Oz.
– Carly Thomas : Smith was chosen by producers Robert DeNiro and Queen’s Brian May, and director Ben Elton, to play the role of “Oz” in the original North American production of We Will Rock You.
– Simon Croft : guitar – Australia, Japan, UK, Ireland and World tours with We Will Rock You.
– James Barber : guitar – Australia, Japan, UK, Ireland and World tours with We Will Rock You.
See also on Facebook.