Queen’s Live Aid set has topped a new poll of greatest festival moments ever
THE EXPRESS reports:
Freddie Mercury and Queen’s Live Aid set has been voted the most iconic festival moment ever in a new British poll of the greatest Top 30.
Sir Elton John’s last UK gig at Worthy Farm last month has been voted the second most iconic festival moment ever, according to 2000 Brits polled by Specsavers.
Yet Rocketman’s 29 per cent of the vote couldn’t be beaten by the 35 per cent for Freddie Mercury and Queen’s monumental Live Aid set, which was recreated for their biopic
Bohemian Rhapsody a few years ago.
Here are the Top 5
THE TOP MOST ICONIC FESTIVAL MOMENTS EVER ACCORDING TO BRITS:
1. Queen’s Live Aid in 1985 – 35%
2. Elton John’s last UK gig headlining Sunday night at Glastonbury 2023 – 29%
3. Adele’s show-stopping Glastonbury performance in 2016 – 15%
4. Oasis’s first Glastonbury performance in 1994 – 12%
5. Bob Marley performing two days after being shot at Smile Jamaica in 1976 – 12%
Check out the full list of results below.