IK Multimedia and Danny Gomez are partnering to create a new preset collection inspired by Brian May.
Danny Gomez is a London-Madrid-based self-taught musician, designer and engineer who has collaborated with Brian May and performed on guitar with “We Will Rock You” and “A Night at the Opera,” to name a few. A connoisseur of Brian’s tone, Danny knows how to nail it in AmpliTube 5.
To produce the collection, Danny will collaborate with members of the Red Special Forum. The goal is to create signal chains that cover all of Brian’s eras using specific effects. It is not the goal to recreate the sound of any one particular song.
Here’s how to enter for a chance to win a prize and be chosen for the collection:
– Join the Red Special Forum, if you’re not a member already
– Use any version of AmpliTube 5, including the free Custom Shop, to put together a signal chain in the style of Brian May as described above0
– If you don’t have the right gear, you can try any gear model in the Custom Shop for up to 72 hours to create and save your presets
– Give your favorite a name that evokes the era and/or event that inspired it
– Find the preset (in the AmpliTube 5 presets folder) and send your entry via email to Danny by May 24 at email@example.com with “AmpliTube Brian May presets” in the subject line
Danny will judge the entries and curate the best ones to be assembled with his own and released to the world as the “Red Special Forum Collection.”
All of us at IK look forward to hearing the results. Good luck!
Grand prize: AXE I/O Solo + AmpliTube Brian May
2nd prize (2 winners): AmpliTube Brian May
3rd prize (3 winners): 50 Gear Credits