Readers here may remember FRET NOT EP.1 from a while back, Brian May’s interview with Rosie Bennet, which he shared 6 September, 2021: SEE HERE
Please now enjoy another special and delightful episode – Rosie’s latest interview with Brian, which took place at the end of this Summer (2023):
“We talked about AI and its potentially dangerous applications, Brian’s childhood and how he found his way to the guitar, being famous as a shy person and how that fame has changed with the internet and social media, we talk about Brian’s role in the scientific community, his experiences with imposter syndrome, parenting and a load more!”
Brian May on AI, Mental Health, Fame, Plagiarism and the Internet – FRET NOT EP.2
LIST OF QUESTIONS covered in the interview: (for reference)
- Did you always find playing easy?
- Do you try and feed your brain with influences?
- Do you think AI will be used for good?
- How has fame changed with the internet?
- What happened when Vanilla Ice brought out Ice Ice Baby?
- How did you decide to stop doing the PhD?
- Have you struggled with imposter syndrome?
- Did you have to defend your PhD in 2007?
- Have there been times where fame has been a disadvantage?
- Are you good at forgiving yourself?
- Do you go to therapy?
- Did you have an easy childhood?
- Did you get all the girls by playing the guitar?
- Pre-internet did you deal with negativity in the same way as now?
- Who in Queen was best at dealing with negativity?
A very interesting and delightful conversation – and a little guitar playing to round off!!