OK !!! This amazing device has been in development for a long time. Basically this enables anybody in lockdown at home to sound like me ! Well, why should I keep any secrets ? !! I’m gonna write more about it later – but for anyone who’s interested, here’s the gen !!!
AmpliTube Brian May – Key Points
• AmpliTube Brian May was created by leading Italian music technology experts, IK Multimedia.
• In AmpliTube, IK have fully modelled every aspect of Brian’s gear chain – both his live rig and his studio recording setup.
• An essential ingredient in Brian’s sound is his Red Special guitar. For those not lucky enough to have one of these, IK have included a unique pedal in the software which converts your guitar to emulate its sound. Even down to the six pickup selection and phase switches.
• The software includes dozens of song presets covering all of Brian’s key sounds. These were painstakingly created by guitar specialist Jamie Humphries, and fine-tuned with the help of Brian himself.
• If you want to achieve the exact guitar sound from ‘We Will Rock You’, the solos from ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, the soaring beauty of ‘Bijou’, or the harmonies of ‘God Save the Queen’, AmpliTube Brian May will do all of this for you.
• The gear items modelled in the software include:
– The famous ‘Deacy’ amp, with battery power control
– Vox AC30 amplifiers, in a triple configuration
– Treble booster pedal (based on KAT model)
– Phaser pedal (based on fOXX pedal)
– Chorus pedal (based on Boss CE-1)
– Wah pedal (based on Dunlop Cry Baby)
• AmpliTube Brian May is available for Mac and Windows computers and for Apple iPhone/iPad
• The AmpliTube software was recently updated to version 5 and every gear item was updated to give even more accurate realism. Even speaker cones were resampled using a special robot device which takes up to 600 measurements around the speaker to even more accurately reflect the physics of microphones positioned around the cabinet.
• Check out the IK website for full details: www.ikmultimedia.com/brianmay (any questions, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01223 234414).
Videoing in my loft ! For my current project with Kerry … some of you know what that is !!! Happy Thursday folks !!!