LEADING ACTOR – RAMI MALEK
BEST SOUND goes to BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
(John Casali, Tim Cavagin, Nina Hartstone, Paul Massey, John Warhurst)
Rami Malek wins Leading Actor BAFTA 2019 – BBC
RAMI MALEK: “This is, this is truly extraordinary, really. Thank you to BAFTA for this gorgeous gift. I still cannot believe that I’m included with this group of actors – actors I so respect and admire. I share this with you guys. Every moment I thank my lucky stars.
“It’s quite difficult entering your world in this role as an outsider. You Brits, you do it so well and it’s not lost on me how sacred your musical heritage is. So thank you, thank you, thank you for including me.
“I have to thank Fox and Regency and our producers Graham King, Denis O’Sullivan, Dexter Fletcher and this extraordinary cast and crew. So blessed to work with every day. I thank you and would not be here without each and every one of you.
“Thank you so very much to Queen, to Brian May, to Roger Taylor, to the entire Queen family. I wouldn’t be here without you.
“Also to the greatest outsider of them all, for being so unwavering and unflinching and uncompromising in every which way. Thank you Freddie Mercury again.” RAMI MALEK, BAFTAS 2019
– LEADING ACTOR (Rami Malek] (WINNER)”
– SOUND (John Casali, Tim Cavagin, Nina Hartstone, Paul Massey, John Warhurst) (WINNER)
– OUTSTANDING BRITISH FILM – “The Favourite,” Yorgos Lanthimos, Ceci Dempsey, Ed Guiney, Lee Magiday, Deborah Davis, Tony McNamara (WINNER) –
CINEMATOGRAPHY (Newton Thomas Sigel) -“Roma,” Alfonsos Cuaron (WINNER)
– EDITING (John Ottman) – “Vice,” Hank Corwin (WINNER)
– COSTUME DESIGN (Julian Day)
– MAKE UP & HAIR (Jan Sewell) – “The Favourite,” Nadia Stacey (WINNER)
[Red Carpet on BBC News Channel 503 from 5.15PM]